The Skull in 2014.
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Genres||Doom Metal, Psychedelic Rock|
|Years active||2012 - present|
|Labels||Tee Pee Records|
|Associated acts||Trouble, Pentagram, Earthen Grave, Retro Grave, Lid, Blackfinger, Cathedral|
|Current members|| Eric Wagner|
|Past members|| Jeff Olson|
The Skull are a doom metal band founded by Trouble members Eric Wagner, Ron Holzner and Jeff "Oly" Olson in 2012. Early on their sets mainly comprised of classic Trouble songs but with a debut album appearing in 2014 named "For Those Which Are Asleep" their set comprises of original songs and classic Trouble.
On rare occasions the band has performed full Trouble albums such as Psalm 9 and The Skull.
While The Skull officially began as a full band in 2012, the roots of the band's creation can be tied to a set at the 2011 Days of The Doomed festival on June 18 when Eric Wagner joined Jeff Olson and Sean McAllister to comprise a special set of classic Trouble songs. The next year the band officially formed.
The Skull headlined the Hell's Pleasure festival in Pößneck, Germany in July 2012 alongside NWOBHM band Angel Witch. In late August and early September 2012, The Skull completed a tour of the US East coast and finished that trek by headlining the Stoner Hands of Doom festival in New London, Connecticut. The Skull toured Europe in late 2012, including co-headlining the Hammer of Doom festival with the band Pentagram. This European tour also included performances in Germany, Netherlands, Austria, and Sweden, among others.
The Skull have been writing and performing new original material and have scheduled a West coast tour of the US for late 2013. Part of this tour will be headlining the Denver Doom Fest.
In 2014 The Skull would sign to Tee Pee Records and release the single "Sometime Yesterday Mourning" which would feature a re-recording of the Trouble song "The Last Judgement" as the b-side. The Skull released their debut album on Tee Pee Records entitled For Those Which Are Asleep in November that year. A short tour of the United States would follow along with Jeff Olson's amicable departure from the band.
In 2016 The Skull are set to share the stage with Sleep with a tour of Europe to follow, including three nights at Roadburn Festival. The first night was the Cul de Sac opening party alongside Jucifer, then two nights on the main stage. One night was mainly original songs while the other was a Trouble set featuring the band doing the entire Psalm 9 album. In 2018 the band is set to embark on a North American tour performing the 1990 album Trouble in it's entirety.
Current Lineup Edit
- Eric Wagner - Vocals (2012 - Present)
- Ron Holzner - Bass (2012 - Present)
- Lothar Keller - Guitar (2012 - present)
- Rob Wrong - Guitar (2015 - Present)
- Brian Dixon - Drums (2017 - Present)
Past Members Edit
- Jeff Olson - Drums (2012, 2013 - 2015)
- Matt Goldsborough - Guitar (2014 - 2015)
- Chuck Robinson - Guitar (2014)
- Kevin Tarpey - Drums (2012 - 2013)
- Michael Carpenter - Guitar (2012 - 2014)
- Willie Max - Guitar (2015)
- Glen Drover - Guitar (2013)
- Sean Saley - Drums (2015 - 2016, 2018 Trouble Tour)
- For Those Which Are Asleep (2014, Tee Pee Records)
- TBA (2018 or 2019, Tee Pee Records)
- The Skull (2016, Tee Pee Records)
- Sometime Yesterday Mourning/The Last Judgement (2014, Tee Pee Records)
- The Skull European Tour 2012 (2012)
- For Those Which Are Asleep USA Tour 2014 (2014)
- The Skull March 2015 USA Tour (2015)
- The Skull 2015 West Coast Tour (2015)
- For Those Which Are Asleep European Tour 2016 (2016)
- The Skull Fall Tour 2016 (2016)
- The Return of The Walking Dead 2016 (2016) (With Saint Vitus and Witch Mountain)
- November of Doom (2016) (Witch Mountain intended as support but canceled.)
- November 2017 Mini-Tour (2017)
- The Skull Performs Trouble (2018)
- Interview with Eric Wagner
- Interview with Eric Wagner and Ron Holzner
- Blabbermouth interview with Eric Wagner