Stonecutters' current lineup. L-R: Johnny Wooldridge, Kevin Redford, Brian Omer, Nick Burks
|Origin||Louisville, Kentucky, USA|
|Genres||Sludge Metal, Doom Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal|
|Years active||2005 - Present|
|Labels||Time Is Truth Recordings|
|Associated acts||My Own Victim, Kallus, False, Incursion, Son of Dog, The Hookers, Assisting Sorrow, Fatal Step|
Stonecutters are a metal band from Louisville, Kentucky, USA. Beginning in 2005, they played primarily sludge metal but have incorporated elements of doom metal, death metal, hardcore punk and thrash metal into their sound over the years. In recent years they have their sound is more predominantly focused towards thrash metal.
Stonecutters were formed by Brian Omer in 2005 sometime after the dissolution of My Own Victim, recruiting members of Louisville's metal scene and adopting a sludge metal sound. Louisville artist and former musician William David Pollard (Evergreen, Cinderblock) took the role of providing artwork and lyrics for the band, thus acknowledged as a "shadow member". Sometime in the next year they would play their first live show at Uncle Pleasant's (Now The New Vintage as of 2012.) in Louisville and release their first album in 2006 titled The Death of Me. Three years later a second album by the name of Christhammer would follow on their personal label Time is Truth.
In 2011 the lineup would change with Eric Christopher Leffler replaced founding member Cliff Whitehead. In April 2013 lineup their third album Creatio ex Nihil was released at Headliner's Music Hall, Louisville, KY. A short tour of the midwest followed. At some point Chris Leffler would leave the band and be replaced by Nick Burks. 2014 led the band to two short tours of the United States and a performance at Berserker Fest in Michigan.
In 2015, Stonecutters toured twice in support of their current album along with promoting songs from their upcoming fourth album entitled "Blood Moon". Notable performances include the closing party for iconic Louisville video store Wild & Woolly Video, a second appearance at Berserker Fest and performing at GWAR-B-Q.
Stonecutters officially released their fourth album Blood Moon on October 31, 2015 with a video following for "Sign Of The Pentagram". A vinyl edition was officially released on April 2 but was available in March to support their "Blood Moon Rising" Tour.  The band followed up with appearances at Louisville is Dead (A local festival) and Full Terror Assault alongside two more tours of the United States that year.
On 9 February 2017 the band released a second video from Blood Moon for the song "Carbon Footprint".
- Brian Omer - Guitars, Vocals (2005-present)
- Kevin Redford - Bass, Backing Vocals (2005-present)
- Nick Burks - Guitar, Backing Vocals (2013-present)
- Johnny Wooldridge - Drums (2008-present)
- J.R. Switzer - Drums (2005-2008, 2009)
- Cliff Whitehead - Guitar, Vocals (2005-2011)
- Chris Leffler - Guitar (2011-2013)
- J.D. Hall - Bass (2005)
- Chad Omen - Bass (2005)
- Greg Stilts - Drums (2005)
- Richard Bybee - Drums (2005)
- Charlie Taylor III - Live Drums (2017; Pagan Warrior Tour)
- The Death of Me (2006, self-released)
- Christhammer (2009, Time is Truth)
- Creatio ex Nihil (2012, Time is Truth)
- Blood Moon (2015, Time is Truth)
- Stonecutters (2005, self-released)
- "Our Mother of Sorrows" on Bluegrass Doom Comp Vol. 1 (Blue Grass Records)
- "Red" on Rise: A Tribute to Kinghorse (Louisville Lip Records)
- "Seekers of Truth" on Head Cleaner: A Louisville Music Compilation Vol. 1 & 2 (Gubbey Records)
- "Thieves" on Head Cleaner: A Louisville Music Compilation Vol. 3, 4, 5 & 6 (Gubbey Records)
- "Sound The Trumpets" on Head Cleaner: A Louisville Music Compilation Vol. 7, 8, 9 & 10, 11 (Gubbey Records)
- 2013 - Creatio ex Nihil Tour
- 2014 - August 2014 Tour
- 2014 - Frozen in Dysphoria
- 2015 - March 2015 Tour
- 2015 - May 2015 Tour
- 2016 - Blood Moon Rising
- 2016 - Madness Prevails
- 2016 - Death Awaits
- 2017 - Stoneburner (With Horseburner)
- 2017 - Pagan Warrior West Coast Tour
- ↑ http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/unsigned-spotlights/206235-stonecutters-more-familiar-than-you-think.html
- ↑ http://www.discogs.com/Stonecutters-Christhammer/release/4273421
- ↑ Gh Gumman May Interview with Stonecutters, Eighth question in the interview.
- ↑ Never Nervous
- ↑ 
- ↑ Wave 3
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ YouTubeAccessed 11 February 2017
|Current Members||Brian Omer • Kevin Redford • Johnny Wooldridge • Nick Burks|
|Past and Live-Only Members||Cliff Whitehead • J.R. Switzer • Chris Leffler • J.D. Hall • Chad Omen • Greg Stilts • Richard Bybee • Charlie Taylor III|
|Releases||• Stonecutters The Death of Me • Christhammer • Creatio ex Nihil • Blood Moon • Carved in Time|
|Associated Bands and Artists||William David Pollard • Jeff Gaither • Cory Fusting • My Own Victim • Kallus • False • Incursion • Son of Dog • The Hookers • Assisting Sorrow • Fatal Step|