|Studio album by Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine|
|Released||April 22 2002|
|Producer||Greg Anderson, Billy Anderson, Mark Keaton, Teeth of Lions Rule The Divine|
|Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine chronology|
| Rampton |
Initial recording for the album was done at Thumb Studios in Sherwood, England on January 2 & 3, 2001. The vocals (vokills) would be recorded on July 26 & 27, 2001. Mixing and mastering would follow at Sharkbite Studios on December 17 & 18, 2001. Leading up the the release Southern Lord's page uploaded a sample of The Smiler.
The main riff of "The Smiler" was borrowed from "Mocking Solemnity" on Sunn O)))'s second album Flight of the Behemoth.
Around this time Southern Lord and Rise Above worked in some capacity together on multiple releases such as the Southern Lord 7" series featuring multiple Rise Above Records artists along with ØØ Void being released by Rise Above but this was the first release to be released directly by both labels at once in collaboration.
Largely due to the length of the first song and the general arrangement of the album there was never a vinyl release of any sort for this album (Though running jokes and rumors did surface of a 13" or 14" vinyl to compliment the length.). Also this would prove to be the only collaboration of the band's sort as both labels went their separate ways by the middle of the 2000s. Rumors also surfaced of a follow-up album mainly involving Greaves and Dorrian with different guitarists but nothing surfaced.
All songs written by O'Malley, Anderson, Dorrian and Greaves except where noted.
- 1. He Who Accepts All That Is Offered (Feel Bad Hit of the Winter) (29:25)
- 2. New Pants and Shirt (7:02) (Killdozer)
- 3. The Smiler (17:52)
- Lee Dorrian Vocals (Hexing Pariah) (As "ALF Antisocial")
- Justin Greaves Drums (Avalanche) (As "Crippled Black Phoenix")
- Stephen O'Malley Guitar (Flagellation In Beautiful Sixes) (As "Drone Slut")
- Greg Anderson Bass (Of The Night Goat), Organ, Producer (As "Mystik Kliff Macabre")
- Billy Anderson - Producer
- Mark Keaton - Producer, Mastering
- Leonard Baskin - Artwork (Engravings)
- Taima - Artwork (Portrait)
- Chief Nearu - Recording