|Origin||Whittier, California, USA|
|Genres||Stoner Rock, Stoner Metal|
|Years active||1997 - 2010|
|Labels||Sweet Nothing, MeteorCity Records, Sub Pop Records, Liquor and Poker Music, Salt of The Earth, Tee Pee Records, Man's Ruin Records|
|Associated acts||Fu Manchu, Karma To Burn, Mondo Generator, Year Long Disaster, Roadsaw, The Golden Grass|
Nebula were a psychedelic/stoner rock band from Whittier, California. Active between 1997 and 2010 this group was a key player in the late 90s stoner rock scene, releasing five studio albums among a host of other releases. The band has been on an indefinite hiatus since 2010 but are not considered to be "broken up".
Nebula was formed by guitarist Eddie Glass and drummer Ruben Romano upon departing Fu Manchu in 1997. Mark Abshire soon joined as the band's original bassist.
Abshire remained with the band until the recording of Atomic Ritual (2003) which was produced by Chris Goss of Kyuss fame. Dennis Wilson & Simon Moon (Eddie Glass) stepped in as bassists until a more permanent replacement was found in Tom Davies. Atomic Ritual was released to warm critical praise, with AMG calling Nebula a "hard-working power trio [that] sounds like it has been hanging out in the garage since 1973, blissfully unaware of the changing world outside. Which is definitely to its benefit". Rob Oswald replaced founding member Ruben Romano on drums in 2007.
In August 2009, Adam Kriney, formerly of La Otracina, was recruited to replace departing drummer Oswald, though he too announced his departure in January 2010 and was replaced by Jimmy Sweet. In early 2010, Nebula announced that it was going on an indefinite hiatus. Glass later explained that "things started getting a bit rough with the touring and I got sick of it", though Nebula were merely "taking a break for a while" and not breaking up.
- To the Center (1999) Sub Pop
- Charged (2001) Sub Pop
- Atomic Ritual (2003) Liquor & Poker
- Apollo (2006) Liquor & Poker
- Heavy Psych (2009) Tee Pee
- BBC Peel Sessions (2008) Sweet Nothing
- In the Groove (1999) The Music Cartel
- Dos EP's (2002) Meteor City
- "High Times" High Volume: The Stoner Rock Collection (2004) High Times Records
- Clearlight (2000) Sweet Nothing
- Do it Now (2001) Sweet Nothing
- Atomic ritual (2003) Sweet Nothing
- Nebula (2003) Liquor & Poker
- Ruben Romano - Drums (1997-2007)
- Mark Abshire - Bass (1997-2003)
- Isaiah Mitchell - Bass (2003)
- Dennis Wilson - Bass (2003)
- Simon Moon - Bass (1997, 2003)
- Rob Oswald - Drums (2007-2009)
- Adam Kriney - Drums (2009-2010)