Bent Wind circa 1969.
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Years active||1969 - ?, 1989, 1996|
|Labels||BMC, Kosmik Artifactz|
Bent Wind are a psychedelic rock band from Canada, active primarily in 1969. The band put out one album in their original tenure before disbanding, leaving their only album at the time to be a highly collectible album in trading circles in Canada. The band had reformed on occasions and released new material in later years.
Bent Wind was formed in Toronto, Ontario Canada in 1969 and managed to record and release the LP Sussex that year on Merv Buchanan's Trend label in Canada. Sussex is a street name in Toronto where the band members practiced. With a limited pressing of (no more than 500) during its original run, the vinyl LP has since become a rarity in the Canadian music Collector's market in a similar case to Growers of Mushroom by Leaf Hound. The band did play out in clubs in Canads but very few shows are known of before they disbanded in the early seventies.
In 1989 the band, under the control of Marty Roth, reformed with new members and recorded their sophomore follow-up -- 20 years later -- called The Fourth Line Is...You Will.
The band moved to CD with the release of their third album in 1996 entitled Shadows On The Wall. Roth once again altered the band line-up and was also supported by a host of other musicians. It's not known if the band played any shows at this time.
Roth has most recently uncovered live recordings of the original Bent Wind from Ryerson Polytechnical in 1969 and restored them, releasing them in 2005 as The Lost Ryerson Tapes. Sussex has also been reissued on a number of occasions as well.
- Sussex (Studio Album) (1969, Trend)
- Sacred Cows / Castles Made Of Man (Single) (1969, Trend)
- The Fourth Line Is... "You Will" (Studio Album) (1989, Psychedome Records)
- Shadows On The Wall (EP) (1996, Psychedome Records)
- The Lost Ryerson Tapes (Compilation) (2005, Psychedrome Records)
- Gerry Gibas (guitar, vocals)
- Marty Roth (rhythm guitar, vocals)
- Sebastian Pelaia (bass)
- Eddie Thomas (drums)
- Marty Roth (lead vocals, acoustic guitar)
- Bill Miller (bass guitar, lead vocals)
- Michael George Jones (lead guitar)
- Wilson Laurencin (drums)